A leak can cause more than water wastage, as it can potentially damage a home’s structure and furnishing. When pipes corrode, they leak and cause endless problems inside your home. You can solve this problem by hiring a professional plumber to repair your water pipes and reduce the damage.
What causes pipes and plumbing to leak?
- Any tiny cracks in pipes can release water drops when water moves at high speed. Cracking is a weakness in the pipe that might result in leaks as pressure forces water through, ultimately resulting in a problem.
- Water leaks could be a sign of an underlying issue, such as blocked pipes. These clogs can contain corrosive materials and toxic chemicals that can eat through the pipe and cause leaks.
- When you have old pipes in your house, they can code and break down, leading to leaks. Any pipes that are more than ten years old will show signs of wear and tear that are
- As wear and tear sets in, the plumbing system's seals can become damaged and cause leaks. A plumber will place watertight seals on the pipes when connecting to a fixture such as a sink. These seals can degrade over time to cause leaks.
High Water Pressure
- High water pressure can damage your pipes and increase the risk of leaks. The high pressure can cause your pipes to burst, causing periodic leaks.
- While this is not a big concern, homes using copper or galvanized steel piping can experience pipe corrosion. This corrosion eats away the pipe while creating openings for water to leak out.
You can detect a sneaky leak inside your home to prevent water wastage and damage. The best way to leak detection in plumbing is to stay alert to leaking clues such as wall discoloration, a musty smell, a dripping sound, or a bulging wallpaper. Apart from these leaking clues, you can use the water meter test by checking the water bill. Spotting these leaking clues is possible by inspecting the entire plumbing pipe network. Once you have found a clue, it is imperative to consult a professional plumber right away.
Signs that you may have a water leak
If you are looking for signs that you have a water leak, look no further than the following signs:
- Wet or damp floors will always illustrate a leak, which can ultimately result in mildew. The damp floors can become smelly and a health risk.
- Wall cracks can also mean there is a leak that has been going on for a prolonged time. Leaking water weakens the structural components of a home while manifesting through cracks in the walls.
- A high water bill is also a sign of a water leak. If the water bill seems a little too high without any excessive water use, then there is a good chance that water is leaking without your knowledge.
- Low water pressure is also a sign of a water leak. If you cannot get a steady stream of water from a faucet, there is likely a leak in the plumbing system.
- Also, look out for the sound of flowing water in your home for a water leak. The sound may come from faucets, toilet valves, and outdoor fixtures.
Locally Owned & Operated
Pipe Leak Repair
- The leaks caused by a plumbing pipe with holes in it is common in homes. The cracks in pipes can be caused by freezing temperatures in your home, causing water to leak. Abnormally high water bills will demonstrate a leaky pipe.
Bathroom Leak Repair
- There are water leaks caused by faulty showerheads that can cause the water bill to go up. You can fix this leak by purchasing a new showerhead and replacing it with the damaged one.
- Toilet leaks can occur when the valve constantly emits a hissing or gurgling sound. It happens when the water level s close to the top of the overflow tube as it leaks into the tube and down the drain
Kitchen Leak Repair
- The leaks in the kitchen can be caused by corrosion in the supply lines. They are challenging to detect because the supply line is buried below the ground surface.
This group is always incredibly professional and responsive.
"Very quickly, a new water heater was installed. After installation, there was a problem with no hot water. Technicians were dispatched as soon as possible to identify the problem. Iris identified the problem accurately and immediately fixed it."- Calvin T.
They come highly recommended.
"This company was extremely responsive. They altered the schedule to get to us early because our water heater broke. Jordan was friendly, kind, and fast in explaining what he did and why."- Aidan C.
Thank you guys!
"We adore this team. Our entire water heater problems have been serviced by them. Their technicians are incredibly knowledgeable and friendly."- Spencer D.
"I am quite delighted with today's visit. Jordan and Rudy were outstanding. They mended a leaking toilet. Not only that, but Jordan found a cost-effective solution to restore water pressure to my kitchen sink, which we hadn't had in well over a decade."- Matthew R.
"They detected six (6) broken pipes and fixed them brilliantly three (3) hours later, working as a team! I'm quite happy with their job. Straightforward, professional, mature, and hardworking."- Marlene M.