One of the significant investments you will ever make in your home will be maintaining your sewer system. Apart from it being a health hazard, leaky sewers are very unpleasant. Sewer line repairs and replacements are a requirement for when there is a problem with your sewer system.
What is the sewer line in a home, and what do they do for the home?
In most cases, every home is connected to the main sewer drain. A sewer line is a connection between your home drainage system and the main sewer drain. Your sewer line is located underground and probably passes through your yard.
Your bathrooms and toilets immediately drain into the sewer line. Due to the small size of the sewer line pipes, they tend to clog faster. This results in needing a sewer cleaning or a sewer line repair.
When there is a significant problem with your sewer line, you will notice things like:
- Terrible smells. Of course, wastewater does not smell pleasant. When you become aware of foul odors coming from your bathroom or toilet, it might be an indication of a leak or a major issue in your sewer line.
- Wastewater backing up in your toilet or bathroom drainage. This is a severe sign of major sewer line blockage, not to mention it poses a health hazard to you and your family. It can also cause water damage to your floors.
- Rodent infestations. Rodents like rats are attracted to waste material and may be drawn in by a leaky sewer drain.
- Slow drainage. Your toilet and bathroom take a long while to drain fully.
- The pooling of septic waste in your yard.
- Sewer mold from leaks behind your wall.
How can a professional plumber help with leaky sewer lines and drains?
Hiring the right plumber with the best credentials is essential. Professional plumbers have the knowledge and experience to diagnose where problems are located.
Locally Owned & Operated
There are two types of sewer line plumbing services.
- Residential plumbing for the installation and repair of garbage disposal, bathrooms, toilets, sinks, septic tanks, drains, and sewer cleaning. Residential plumbing takes care of your whole plumbing system. Repairing and changing sewer lines as well as correcting small issues such as blockages is right up this alley. You will also be advised by the best plumbers on the best course of action for the maintenance of your plumbing.
- Commercial plumbing for the detection and correction of underground leaks, sewer line repairs, backflow protection, automated drain care programs, and pipe replacement and repair. Drain cleaning products are also part of offering the best plumbing services. Commercial plumbing is effective in industries such as colleges and universities, restaurants, hospitals, and office buildings.
Signs that you may need to repair or service the sewer line in your home.
Apart from the signs we have mentioned above, you may need a professional plumber when you notice the following:
- If your blockage and backups refuse to drain and your attempts at clearing the blockages have failed.
- Slow drainage in all the drains in your home.
- Soggy spots in your lawn indicating there is a burst sewer pipe under your yard.
"They detected six (6) broken pipes and fixed them brilliantly three (3) hours later, working as a team! I'm quite happy with their job. Straightforward, professional, mature, and hardworking."- Marlene M.
CalTek Plumbing and Rooter Inc. has been my go-to plumber!
"Today's technician, Jesus, did an excellent job of locating, repairing, and advising on the leaks that he came to fix, as well as providing recommendations for what should be done in the future, including options."- Cheryl F.
"I'm happy I have this business to help me with everything!"- Wilfried S.
Respectful, Attentive, & Professional
"When I called Jesus for a routine daytime service call to replace my 12-year-old water heater, I did not anticipate him to arrive within an hour. Jesus was very attentive and professional, and he handled our house as it belonged to him. Very tidy service &"- Shea F.
Thank you so much for the great service!
"Jordan and Jesus were tidy, friendly, and knowledgeable about the task. They have replaced my shower valve in a timely manner. Now, I will not have any problem with my shower."- Lawrence S.